The government has announced a 30 day NO entertainment period for the entire country to mourn the death of King Bhumibol Adulyadej.
According to reports in Khaosod English, The Nation, Bangkok Post and Coconuts Bangkok here are the list of things which are open and closed:
Some movie theaters will be closed and some will remain open during the weekend.
- Steven Morrissey’s event next Tuesday is cancelled.
- Modern Dog Band set at Muang Thong Thani is postponed.
- Big Bang Made (VIP) in Muang Thong Thani on October 29th is postponed too.
- Bangkok International Fashion Week in Siam Paragon which was suppose to be held on October 19th is postponed.
- King’s cup FB battery River Kwai Half Marathon is postponed with no further notice.
- Kolour Warehouse Party is postponed. Ticket buyers will have an option of a refund as per their Facebook page.
- Color Run is cancelled, refund information will be posted to their Facebook page.
Alcohol will be sold at usual times from 11 am – 2 pm and 5 pm to midnight. However, sales will be banned on Buddhist lent day on October 16th.
Popular clubs like Demo, Levels Sugar have shut down with no further notice as per Khaosod English. No parties will be held for at least 30 days. All clubs will be shut down by 1 am.
The Full Moon Party for October 17th has been cancelled.
Khaosan road will resume as usual but no parties will be tolerated. Some restaurants and bars have open but will be shut down at 1 am. All foreigners are asked to respect the laws and regulations imposed by the government during the tough time for the country. Khaosod English took some pictures of the scene at Khaosan road.
If you wish to go to a restaurant or bar please ensure to call before going.