Have you ever wished that your favorite vendor put more meat into your Pad Thai? Or make your Tom Yum less spicy? We have a perfect solution for you!
As a spinoff to our well-received ’Eat Like a Thai’ series, we now introduce to you ’Cook Like a Thai’. This series include authentic recipes of your favorite Thai dishes. Although it is relatively cheap to eat out here in Thailand, home cooking definitely has its perks. That is, you are free to adjust the recipes to your preferences, and opt for higher quality materials!
As a follow up to our first post on Tom Yum Goong, today we bring you another locals’ favorite, Garlic Pork.
Servings: 1 Plate
- Sliced Pork, 500 grams
- Peeled garlic, 1 head
- Coriander Root, 4 roots, minced
- Ground Pepper
- Sugar, 1-2 tbsp
- Soy Sauce, 1 tbsp
- Seasoning Sauce, 1/2 tbsp
- Thoroughly clean the pork, and slice into pieces.
- Smash the garlics and peppers, then mix with pork and coriander roots. Mix in all the seasonings, and leave to marinate for at least 30 mins.
- Over medium heat, start with about 1 tbsp of vegetable oil. When it starts to boil, add in the marinated pork and cook until slightly brown.
- Serve with rice and a side of chilli-fish sauce.
Let us know how your attempt goes, and feel free to share the results in the comments sections on our Facebook Page! Other suggestions or requests for other recipes are always welcomed as well. Bon Appetit!