Dutch girl electrocuted in Vietnam’s hostel while showering

0
692

Myrna Reinhard, a 24-year-old medical student from Holland, died in a bizarre accident while she was on holiday in Vietnam this week.

The young girl was electrocuted while taking a shower in the hostel where she was staying in the popular coastal town of Hoi An, AD reports. How it is possible that she came under power in the shower is still unclear. It is also not known which hostel it is and if more Dutch people spend the night. The power surge in the shower was so strong that Myrna died from the electric shock.

A spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs confirmed the Dutch student’s death. “We are in contact with the family of the deceased woman.

The embassy is providing consular assistance to the family”, the spokesperson said to the newspaper.

He stressed that there is no question of a crime being committed, this was a tragic accident.

Student association Ovum Novum mourns Myrna’s death, the board said on its website.

“Myrna was sweet, involved and always committed herself to a better student life for Nijmegen and the entire Netherlands. With her beautiful smile she stole everyone’s hearts and her sudden death leaves a huge void in our association. We will miss her immensely and always keep the memories of who she was alive. We wish her family and friends a lot of strength.” – NLTimes

Source: NLTimes

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here