The Immigration Bureau has urged people to make an online queue for visa extension due to the virus and apply before January 29.
Applicants who require visa service, such as foreigners who have stayed in the Kingdom for over 90 days and tourists who needs short-term visa extension service for Tourist visa (TR 60) and Special Tourist Visa (STV) are urged to join the online queue before the service date.
The move is aimed at conforming with the government’s policy on precautionary measures to prevent the spread of Covid-19, by reducing overcrowding, maintaining social distancing and facilitating customer service.
An applicant can make an online queue reservation for a pre-service appointment at www.bangkokimmigration.com and follow these steps:
- Fill in all required information.
- Wait for an email reply.
- Print out a confirmation document from email.
- Submit the documents for visa extension on the appointment date and time.
However, services for a walk-in queue are still available at Muang Thong Thani Temporary Service Centre on the official working date and time.
Short-term visa extension service at counter K will provide service only to online queue applicants.
In order to reduce overcrowding amid the pandemic, an applicant can make an online queue reservation for pre-service appointment and follow the steps below:
- Fill in all required information
- Wait for an email reply
- Print out a confirmation document from email and ▪︎Prepare all required documents
- Submit an application for visa extension 1-2 weeks before the visa expiry date.
In the case of visa extension due to Covid-19, the application must be submitted before January 29.