Welcome to Bangkok Expat Life! Your privacy is important to us. Bangkok Expat Life (“The Company”, “we”, “us”, “bangkokexpatlife.com”) is committed to protecting your privacy when you visit our website, bangkokexpatlife.com, and we’ve ensured the highest standards for the protection of your personal data and your privacy.
The information on www.bangkokexpatlife has been compiled from first-hand experience of travelling Thailand by the team, research and sources which we believe to be reliable and up-to-date and is supplied for information purposes only. Bangkok Expat Life will use its reasonable endeavors to try and ensure that all information displayed on this website is accurate and up-to-date. We may provide links to other websites and the inclusions of such sites can be endorsements or recommendations to give you a fulfil your travelling needs and experience. We are not responsible for the content of any external websites or how they use any data that they may provide.
By interacting with us and/or our website which includes our e-newsletter and emails (collectively, “our websites”), you agree and consent to us, as well as our Bangkok Expat Life Team collecting, using your personal data for our marketing research and needs so we can provide you a better experience. Bangkok Expat Life works hard to earn and keep your trust. Therefore, the Bangkok Expat Life team uses your data solely to provide you with the Bangkok Expat Life services. You have our utmost assurance that we will never sell, trade, rent, or otherwise provide your personal data to any third-party for advertising or marketing purposes without your consent.
Information We Collect on You
When you access the Website, we will learn certain information about you during your visit. As a business, we collect personal data from you in a number of ways including:
- Newsletter opt-ins: Your name and email address
- IP Addresses: We track IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, and for system administration, and your location so we can market and tailor our content accordingly to your countries’ needs and languages. In addition to your IP address, BangkokExpatLife.com collects certain information automatically whenever you visit the website. Some of this information is stored in cookies (see below) or sessions. Examples of other information we collect automatically may include the type of device, browser, and operating system you are using, the time and date you visit the website, and the internet address of the website that may have linked you to BangkokExpatLife.com
- Cookies: We use “cookies”, where a small data file is sent to your browser to store and track aggregate information about you when you visit our websites. The cookie is used to track information such as the number of users and your frequency of use, profile of users and your preferred links on the website.
- Surveys: From time to time, we will send out surveys, sometimes paid and in the course of these offerings, we may seek your name, email, occupation, location, income level, why are you coming to Thailand and other demographic data.
- Comments: Your name, email address, and comment. Please note by posting a comment on this Site or in our forum, you consent to the posting of any Personal Information that you provide. You should be aware that such Personal Information can be read, collected, or used by other visitors to these public areas. We have no control over how these visitors use your Personal Information.
- Bangkok Expat Life Membership Account: In the near future, we plan to expand our website by creating an expat community which encompasses a membership account and messaging board for discussion. When you create a membership account on our platform, you provide us with mandatory personal information that includes your username, e-mail address and password. You can also choose to add your name, bio, city/location, website and profile picture to your account. For some services, you can register, order membership/subscription products, comment on stories, enter contests, vote in polls or otherwise express an opinion, subscribe to one of our services such as our online newsletters, or participate in our online forums or communities. In the course of these offerings, we sometimes seek the collection of names: email-address, and mobile number.
We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain this Website;
- Give you exclusive content
- To improve your experience on this Website;
- To respond to your comments;
- To provide you with user support;
- Provide and deliver the information, products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about products, services, surveys, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered by Company and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests.
Information That is Passively and Automatically Collected on You
We have our own analytic tracking system to collect core information on the usage of our websites, including the following:
- The number of page views (or page impressions) that occur on our website
- The number of unique visitors to our website
- How long these visitors (on average) spend on our websites when they do visit; and
- Common entry and exit points into our websites.
- This Aggregate Information is collated by our analytic tracking platform and provided to us to assist in analyzing the usage of our websites. This is so that we can improve the content and navigability of our websites as well as our services and facilities.
- Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You can, however, modify your browser settings to disable cookies. If you choose to do so, some of the functionality of our websites may be impaired.
- Web beacons
In addition to cookies, we may also use web beacons and other similar technologies to deliver or communicate with cookies, in order to better understand how you interact with the content on our websites.
- We also may include web beacons in e-mail messages to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon, and how.
- The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer, as well as measure the overall effectiveness of our online content, advertising campaigns, and the products and services we offer through our websites.
- Our advertising partners may also place web beacons and other similar ad tracking technologies such as Doubleclick and Eyeblaster on our websites to collect Aggregate Information.
- The Aggregate Information obtained is used by our advertising partners to measure the effectiveness of their advertisements and to personalize the advertisement content that you see.
If you are accessing a Service from a mobile device or through a mobile application, you may be asked to share your precise (GPS level) geo-location information with us so we can customize your experience on our Services or on other Services when we work with a Partner such as a third-party mobile ad platform.
If you agree to such collection, in most cases, you will be able to turn off such data collection at any time by accessing the privacy settings of your mobile device and/or through the setting in the applicable mobile application.
Third Party Linked Websites
BangkokExpatLife has sponsorships with a number of companies mentioned on this website, and bangkokexpatlife.com may be compensated if you book via the links on these websites.
You have our utmost assurance that our website is covered with the highest level of security. We use the most advanced and updated security software, firewall and protocols (encryption, passwords, physical security) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. Our website is also protected by a SSL (Secure Socket Layer) certificate encryption when transmitting certain kinds of sensitive and confidential information, such as financial services information or payment information. An icon resembling a padlock is displayed on the bottom of most browsers window during SSL transactions that involve credit cards and other forms of payment. Any time ExpatWoman.com asks you for a credit card number on ExpatWoman.com for payment or for verification purposes, it will be SSL encrypted.
All our events are public events and as such your photograph may be taken and used on the website or social media belonging to this website. Official photographers are clearly identifiable and if you do not wish to have your photo taken please inform them. If they have already taken a photo you can ask them to delete it from their camera.
If a photograph of yourself ever appears on our website or social media and you wish for it to be removed please email email@example.com and it will be dealt with promptly. We will remove anything of this nature from our website at any time and for anyone.
Attendance at any of our public events implies permission is granted for your photo to be taken and acceptance of these terms and conditions.
We may use cumulative data to conduct our own market research and through the site, mails to members and threads on the forum, may from time to time appeal for voluntary contributions of a more qualitative nature. We never sell or rent users’ personal information to third party media companies.